Explore how to build market-ready games using the powerful engine of Unity
Game engines are one of the most powerful tools that help developers design interactive games for multiple platforms. Unity is an exciting and popular engine in the game industry. It is widely used to create popular 2D and 3D games by large game studios and indie developers.
Are you looking to develop stunning games in Unity? Or getting into the gaming world? If yes, this course is ideal for you. In this course, you will understand the game development concepts and have a good learning time by applying the knowledge gained through practice of these concepts.
Starting from the ground up and moving toward an intermediate level, this course will help you establish a strong foundation in making games with Unity 5.
What is included?
Let’s take a look at the learning journey. The course starts with an introduction to game engines and installation procedures of Unity. From there, the course introduces you to the Unity interface, and teaches you how to build levels. You’ll understand the core Unity concepts such as game objects, components, and scenes. Finally, you’ll learn how to use Unity by making four fun game projects, from shooters and platformers to exploration and adventure games.
By the end of the course, you should have a solid understanding of game development principles and be able to create your own games in no time!
Why should I choose this course?
We’ve spent the last decade working to help developers stay relevant. The structure of this course is a result of deep and intensive research into what real-world developers need to know in order to be job-ready. We don’t spend too long on theory, and focus on practical results so that you can see for yourself how things work in action.
This course follows an example-based approach that will take you through the most basic games toward the more complex ones, gradually building your skill level. It’s a blend of text, videos, code examples, and assessments, which together makes your learning journey all the more exciting and truly rewarding. It includes sections that form a sequential flow of concepts covering a focused learning path presented in a modular manner. This helps you learn a range of topics at your own speed and also move towards your goal of learning Unity.
We have combined the best of the following Packt products:
For this course, we have combined the best works of these extremely esteemed authors:
Dr. Edward Lavieri is a veteran game designer and developer with a strong academic background. He earned a Doctorate of Computer Science from Colorado Technical University, an MS in Management Information Systems (Bowie State University), an MS in Education (Capella University), and an MS in Operations Management (University of Arkansas).
As the founder and creative director of three19, a software design and development studio, Edward is constantly designing and developing software. He has authored several books. He has also developed numerous college courses involving computer science, information systems, and game development.
Alan Thorn is a multidisciplinary game developer, author, and educator with industry experience of 17 years. He makes games for PC desktop, mobile, and VR. He founded Wax Lyrical Games and created the award-winning Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok game, working as designer, programmer, and artist. He has written 23 technical books on game development and presented 19 video training courses. These cover game play programming, Unity development, 3D modeling, and animation. He is currently the head of department for Games Design and Development at the National Film and Television School.
What are the requirements?
- You don’t need to have previous experience with Unity since this course covers all the basics about game development with Unity from scratch
- All you need to have is a computer with the Internet access
- You don’t even need the Unity software pre-installed in your system as this course will cover the downloading and installation procedures
What am I going to get from this course?
- Explore the Unity interface
- Learn how to create interactive 3D Worlds
- Work with meshes, animations, materials, textures, and more
- Learn to make functional games with C# scripting
- Dive into the process of working with terrains and world-creation tools
- Import custom content into Unity from third-party tools, such as Maya and Blender
- Get to grips with making both 2D and 3D games
- Unlock both the theoretical and practical underpinning game development
- Explore useful tips and tricks for accelerating your Unity workflow
Who is the target audience?
- This course is aimed at game developers
- Unity developers who want to brush up their basic Unity skills and get up and running with creating interesting games with Unity 5, this course is for you
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]