Node.js is a modern web framework that allows you to build rich applications. As a developer, you need to know just one programming language to build an application that can be executed anywhere, be it the server, console, browser, or on your mobile phone.
This course begins with explaining how Node.js works and what its architecture is all about. You will then learn to create your first Node.js application and also create a command line tool for Node.js. Next, you will learn how to work with commander.js and use the event emitter because events are a powerful extension that can be used in our application.
The course will then teach you to use and define streams and transformers, after which you will be skilled to build a web server with Express.js. This will be followed by taking you through how to read, write, and manipulate files in the file system with Node.js. You will even learn how to create micro services with the loopback API framework and Seneca.js, post which we will scale our node.js application and test our code. Finally, you will complete your learning journey by using these APIs to create a web server, access file system, and create real-time interactions.
With this course, you will be able to build your own tools, along with big network and real-time applications.
About The Author
Joris Hermans is a Senior Software Developer with more than 10 years of experience in programming for the web. He has worked for an online directory company creating web applications that hits traffic of more than a million page views a week. Now he works in the R&D department of a big automation company. He has a lot of experience in building large-scale web applications. He participates in a lot of discussions regarding the web and his specifications. He likes to follow new technological trends and hypes.
What are the requirements?
- This example-packed video course starts with taking viewers through the fundamentals of Node.js. The steep but gradual learning curve will then take them some advanced topics such as streams, transformers, and micro services. The course will conclude with teaching viewers how to scale up their application and test their code.
What am I going to get from this course?
- How Node.js works, how it’s architecture looks like
- How to build your own tools, in the console.
- How to work with asynchronous events
- Learn to work with streaming data
- Create your own web server and web api’s with node.js
- Reading and writing a file
- Learning how to handle real time messages
- Unit testing your code
Who is the target audience?
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]