What Java professionals need to know about memory, garbage collection, tuning the VM, and avoiding memory leaks.
This is a course for Java professionals (or aspiring Java professionals) who need an in depth understanding of how memory works in Java. In this course you’ll learn what kinds of memory leaks are possible in Java, and how to avoid them. In addition I’ll show you tools you can use to analyse how your applications are performing, and detect inefficient memory use, such as objects which are taking up too much memory, or problems causing inefficient garbage collection. And we’ll see how to fix these.
You don’t need to be a Java Expert to do this course, but you should be able to confidently create basic Java code before you start.
What are the requirements?
- This course is aimed at students with some basic knowlege of Java. If you are comfortable with creating basic applications, creating objects and running code, then you’ll be fine to do this course. You will need to have a java compiler installed, and ideally a development environment such as Eclipse.
What am I going to get from this course?
- The best Java programmers have a deep understanding of how memory works in Java, and use this to influence how they create their code. This course will give you that understanding, together with the tools that you will need to investigate when things go wrong.
- By the end of this course, you’ll understand important concepts like the stack and the heap, limitations of the final keyword, and how garbage collection works.
Who is the target audience?
- This is an advanced Java course, and is most suitable for Java programmers who have some experience creating real world production software.
- If you have ever created code that has run out of memory, or suffered from poor performance due to memory usage, then this course will show you how to identify the cause and resolve the problem.
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]