Web Scraping with Python: BeautifulSoup, Requests & Selenium
- Some prior programming experience in Python (e.g. Data Structures and OOP) will help. The course includes a full Python refresher section.
- Complete beginners may wish to take a beginner Python course first, and then transition to this course afterwards.
Web Scraping (also termed Screen Scraping, Web Data Extraction, Web Harvesting, etc.) is a technique for extracting large amounts of data from websites and save the the extracted data to a local file or to a database.
In this course, you will learn how to perform web scraping using Python 3 and the BeautifulSoup, a free open-source library written in Python for parsing HTML.
We will use lxml, which is an extensive library for parsing XML and HTML documents very quickly; it can even handle messed up tags. We will also be using the Requests module instead of the already built-in urllib2 module due to improvements in speed and readability.
The course cover the following topics: accessing web pages programmatically; scraping web pages to extract the required data using BeautifulSoup to parse web pages; interacting with web pages to do different things with them programmatically; and using Selenium for web scraping and when we need it.
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand how websites and servers function, diverse data extraction techniques, and methods of handling and organizing data.
This Web Scraping course covers the following topics:
- Basic review of data structures (Lists, Dictionaries, Tuples, File Handling)
- List, dictionaries, tuples comprehensions, inline if else statements
- Intro on how websites are hosted on servers
- Basic calls to the server (GET, POST methods)
- Basic review of HTML and CSS
- Intro to requests module and BeautifulSoup Module
- Learning how to parse HTML using BeautifulSoup
- Assignment Solution of Assignment
- Learning filtering elements using BeautifulSoup and navigating the Parse Tree
- Project Discussion
- Introduction to selenium and the need for it
- Selecting elements using selenium
- CSS selectors
- Xpath selectors
- Navigating pages using selenium
- Project Discussion
- Those whoe want to learn how to use Python for web scraping and data extraction.
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]