This course takes a look and new and existing lighting features in Unity 5 from the perspective of a novice student.
What sets an average game apart for a truly amazing visual experience? How can you take your scene from “Oh, thats cool” to “ Wow, that’s AWESOME!”. There are many facets that go into making a game look amazing, but when all’s said and done the final polish for most any game comes down to lighting.
If you’re an army of one powering through your own game or a small studio of talented,driven individual, this course will get you up and running with the latest and greatest that Unity 5 has to offer for lighting your projects.
In this example based course you’ll be introduced to the basic Unity lights and get to know their properties. You’ll learn how to control Unity shadow properties and fix common shadow related problems in your scenes. With this solid foundation under your belt you’ll be ready to tackle more advanced topic like skybox lighting, Realtime Global Illumination, light map baking, and the all new light probe system.
At the end of this course you will have mastered all the latest unity lighting features needed to bring a new level or realism to your projects. You’ll be able to up the quality of your portfolio work and set yourself apart when it comes to landing that next job.
If you’re serious about using Unity as a platform for your creative ideas, then don’t pass up this chance to set your work apart with this course on Unity 5 Lighting Fundamentals.
What are the requirements?
- This course does not require any downloaded or external assets. No scripting is required. Simple geometry has been created and used within unity to allow for a focused approach to the topic of lighting.
- Students should be familiar with the Unity interface, and be able to create basic unity primitives.
- Students should know how to create solid colored standard shaders and apply them to meshes in scene.
- You may use your own assets during this course or create similar scenes using default Unity primitives.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Set up effective realtime global illumination systems for vastly improved visual quality in their games
- Use baked lighting setups that allow them to cut overhead on mobile games without having to sacrifice visual quality
- Create realtime light probe systems allowing for better integration of game characters in their environments
- Implement existing and new lighting features found in Unity 5
What is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone looking to take the visual quality of their games to a new level by implementing the newest lighting technologies found in Unity 5.
- This course explains the processes behind the technologies so that you can understand how the different systems work and make appropriate decisions for your games needs.
- This course is not an introduction to Unity 5. It focuses only on new and existing lighting features found in this software’s latest release.
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]