Master GUI programming in Tkinter as you design, implement,and deliver ten real-world applications from start to finish
Tkinter is the built-in GUI package that comes with standard Python distributions. It is a cross-platform package, which means you build once and deploy everywhere. It is simple to use and intuitive in nature, making it suitable for programmers and non-programmers alike.This video will help you master the art of GUI programming.
It delivers the bigger picture of GUI programming by building real-world, productive, and fun applications such as a text editor, drum machine, game of chess, media player, drawing application, chat application, screen saver, port scanner, and many more. In every project, you will build on the skills acquired in the previous project and gain more expertise.
You will learn to write multi threaded programs, network programs, database driven programs and more. You will also get to know the modern best practices involved in writing GUI apps. With its rich source of sample code, you can build upon the knowledge gained with this video and use it in your own projects in the discipline of your choice.
About The Author
Bhaskar Chaudhary is a professional programmer and information architect. He has an experience of almost 9 years in consulting, contracting, and educating in the field of software development. He has worked with a large set of programming languages on various platforms over the years.
He is an electronics hobbyist and a musician in his free time.
What are the requirements?
- Those familiar with basic programming constructs in other programming languages can also catch up with some brief reading on Python. No GUI programming experience is expected.
- This is an easy-to-follow tutorial, full of hands-on examples of real-world GUI programs. The initial section is a must-read as it explains most of the things you need to get started with writing GUI programs with Tkinter. Each subsequent section is a standalone project that discusses some aspects of GUI programming in detail. These sections can be viewed sequentially or randomly depending upon your experience with Python.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create apps that can be scaled in size or complexity without breaking down the core
- Write your own GUI framework for maximum code reuse
- Build apps using both procedural and OOP styles
- Understand the strengths and limitations of both styles
- Build multithreaded and database-driven apps
- Create apps that leverage resources from the network
- Understand the basics of 2D and 3D animation in GUI applications
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for software developers, scientists, researchers, engineers, students, or programming hobbyists with basic familiarity in Python.
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]