Build REST APIs in Swift
Welcome to Server API Development in Swift, Kitura, & Bluemix.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
It can be tough learning many different languages for both front-end and back-end development. Why not make life so much easier and program everything in Swift? Here are a few reason why you should learn Kitura with Swift:
- You can build an API that supports all platforms (Firebase only supports iOS/Android – not tvOS or macOS)
- You can become a full stack-engineer without having to learn another programming language
- Knowing back-end API development will give you a competitive advantage in applying for jobs
- You can build an API and database for your own app ideas
- Lower learning curve to get a back-end up vs learning Node or Rails or Django or PHP
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Swift (if you don’t know it already)
- Kitura (framework for building APIs and managing web requests)
- IBM Cloudant Database
- IBM Bluemix
- How to deploy an API live on the Internet
- How to build an iOS app that communicates with your own API
- How to get your API to store and retrieve data from databases
- How to setup the tools for development on macOS and Ubuntu
- Working with CRUD operations
- REST API
What are the requirements?
- Own a computer with macOS or Ubuntu
- Basics Swift skills are helpful, but not required
What am I going to get from this course?
- Build REST APIs in Kitura & Swift
- Deploy a live API to the Internet
- Build an iOS app that can communicate with Kitura API
- Work with CouchDB
- Work with IBM Cloudant Database
- Deploy APIs on IBM Bluemix
- Understand server-side Swift
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for iOS developers who want to build APIs in Swift
- This course is for new programmers who want to start learning APIs in Swift
- This course is for mobile developers who want to build a back-end API for their app
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]