Make the most of your data using React.js
React is an incredibly popular part of modern full-stack web development, and is a keystone of fluid SPAs (single page applications). It is capable of rendering data reactively on to the web, enabling users to interact with it and see the results in real time.
Using JSON as the data format, this course will show you how to ingest your data and display it on the web using a variety of techniques, such as charts and grids. It will run through the logic process, meaning that you will be able to take these skills and apply them in your own projects. Along the way, you will also learn more about the new ES6 language and how it can benefit your React skills, and how to create React controllers.
You’ll begin by gaining an understanding of JSON and how to create JSON files, then how to load them using webpack and ES6 and integrate them into a React component. We will then examine different data types, and you’ll find out how to move data between them in order to create a reactive map. Next, we’ll use ChartJS to display data in various chart forms, and finally we’ll look at how to load data dynamically from a MongoDB database and display it in our React component.
About The Author
Ben Fhala discovered his passion for data visualization six years ago while he was working at Parsons in New York, in their data visualization department, PIIM. He is the owner of the online video training school, 02geek.com, and an Adobe ACP. He enjoys spending most of his time learning and teaching and has a love for visual programming and visualization in general. Ben has had the honor of developing applications for members of the US Congress, Prime Ministers, and Presidents around the world. He has built many interactive experiences for companies such as Target, AT&T, Crayola, Marriott, Neutrogena, and Nokia. He has technically directed many award-winning projects and has been part of teams that have won three Agency of the Year awards.
What are the requirements?
- This carefully modulated course will take you every step of the way through importing your data into React and creating visualizations from it. It is a thorough and methodical course, not skipping over technologies or assuming knowledge. It is also a very practical course, with full examples of technologies used along the way.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand how different types of data can be ingested into React
- Create different visualizations from your data (charts, grids, maps, and more)
- Find out how to create React controllers
- Integrate JSON data into your react component using JSX spread and React props
- Enable react to be prepared for changes within the component
- Create data driven charts
Who is the target audience?
- This course can either be taken as a modular part of Packt’s complete Full Stack React course, or as a standalone module.
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]