Become a confident Qt GUI and C++ software developer with step by step programming tutorials and 2D graphics examples
This course will help you upgrade your C++ software development skills today!
You will learn application development with Qt and C++, from the ground up.
*** Latest update: 12 Apr 2017 ***
(make sure to check the DEMO lecture to see the final app)
C++ is a very powerful and versatile programming language.
Qt is multi-platform framework, the perfect choice for open source GUI development with C++.
In this course, you will design and create your own C++ program for the Windows platform.
You will add new features to the app, step by step.
You will learn how to write good source code, at professional-level.
You can learn programming in C++ from anyone you wish to, there are many teachers and a lot of free know-how out there.
But if you want to learn to code like a professional, here’s my advice to you:
- Choose to learn from someone who has already done professional level coding
- Choose a teacher who has a proven track record working experience with C++ and Qt
- Choose a mentor who has done this for years, and knows what it takes to create industry-level software
If you don’t, you will be wasting your time with outdated and misguided knowledge.
And eventually you will lose many opportunities, even employment opportunities.
Now here’s how the course is structured. Each lecture prepares the groundwork for the next one. You will:
- write code in C++ (03)
- use Qt toolkit’s UI elements to create the GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- set up the main application window
- drag and drop user interface elements (buttons, widgets, labels, spinners…) on the main window
- connect UI elements to UI events (mouse clicks, value changed)
- write custom event handling code that updates the painted graphic
You need to have a good understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) fundamentals, as you will be adding and working with:
- class member variables
- class member functions
- setters / getters
- private / public / protected access modifiers
- encapsulation to protect the data
- constructors and destructors
- overriding virtual base class functions
- pointers to objects
You will be organizing the program logic into C++ specific header (.h) and implementation (.cpp) source files.
You will design the GUI (Graphical User Interface) with QtCreator (part of the Qt toolkit) and make use of the signal and slots mechanism to make your buttons and other UI elements respond to mouse click or value changed events.
You will setup your custom rendering area widget that integrates flawlessly with the Qt5 framework, by inheriting from the QWidget base class and overriding abstract class methods.
You wil learn how to fix the compiler errors that can occur during development.
You will also learn how to fix linker errors caused by missing function implementations.
You will use a bottom-up approach to develop robust software.
Notice the key word here – robust.
That means professional-level C++ code.
Your programs will be designed with reusability in mind. And will be written with future upgrade capabilities in mind.
You will also use Math and Geometry in an unexpected way, to create some unusual 2D graphics shapes.
You will also get some hands-on experience by taking the course assignments.
The assignments are designed to get you comfortable with the code and teach you to extend the application on your own, after you have completed the course.
Should I go on or do you want to start learning now?
This course is the culmination of my 10 years of learning software development and working in the IT industry.
Ok, here are a few more things you will get from it:
- How to create an online repository with BitBucket
- How to use source versioning (GIT) to save intermediary code changes and revert back to them anytime if you make a mistake
- Tips and tricks for good coding practices
So come on, let’s start creating 2D graphics with Qt5 And C++ Gui Programming!
- NOT for begginers!
- You want to learn C++ GUI programming with Qt GUI
- You are an intermediate developer or programming enthusiast
- You want to learn how to design and create software from scratch
- You love software development (especially with C++)
- You want hands-on coding experience
- 2D graphics amateur or passionate
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]