v17.03 Latest! Learn to build, compose, deploy, and manage containers from local development to HA clusters in the cloud
Welcome to the most complete and up-to-date course for learning and using Docker end-to-end, from development and testing, to deployment and production. Taught by a Docker Captain, Docker consultant, and community leader.
Just starting out with Docker? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to containers.
Or: Using Docker and need to deal with real-world problems? I’m here for you! See my production topics around Swarm, secrets, logging, monitoring, blue/green, CI/CD, and more.
Why should you learn from me? Why trust me to teach you the best ways to use Docker? (Hi, I’m Bret, please allow me to talk about myself for a sec):
- I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to The Real World: I’ve got 20 years of sysadmin and DevOps experience, over 30 certifications, and have been using Docker and the container ecosystem for my consulting clients and my own companies since Docker early days. Rather than learn from a hobbyist or someone who has only used Docker a few times in real-world production, why not learn from someone who’s run hundreds of containers across dozens of projects and organizations, and lived to tell the tail.
- I’m An Educator. Learn From Someone Who Knows How To Make A Syllabus: I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years I’ve trained hundreds of people on using Docker in workshops, conferences, meetups, and one-on-one. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, Revolution, and Strange Loop. I hope you’ll decide to learn with me, and join the fantastic online Docker community.
- I Lead Communities. Be Part Of This Courses (And Docker’s) Community: This course has a 27/4 Slack Chat room for help with learning. Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about Docker and that I do well in sharing it with others. Real-world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, USA on Docker and Code for America. I Help Online: Usually in Slack, Gitter, Twitter, and IRC for Docker and other DevOps topics, where I learn from and help others.
This is a living course, and will be updated as Docker features and workflows change.
This course is designed to be fast at getting you started but also get you deep into the “why” of things. Simply the fastest and best way to learn the latest docker skills. Look at the scope of topics in the Session and see the breadth of skills you will learn.
Some of the many cool things you’ll do in this course:
- Edit web code on your machine while it’s served up in a container
- Lock down your apps in private networks that only expose necessary ports
- Create a 3-node Swarm cluster in the cloud
- Use Virtual IP’s for built-in load balancing in your cluster
- Optimize your Dockerfiles for faster building and tiny deploys
- Build/Publish your own custom images based on GitHub commits
- Create your own image registry
- Use Swarm Secrets to encrypt your environment configs, even on disk
- Deploy container updates in a blue/green deployment design
- Create the config utopia of a single YAML file for local dev, CI testing, and prod cluster deploys
- And so much more…
Extra things that come with this course:
- Access to the course Slack team, for getting help/advice from me and other students.
- Bonus videos I put elsewhere like YouTube.
- Tons of reference links to supplement this content.
- Updates to content as Docker changes their features on these topics.
- Software developers, sysadmins, IT pros, and operators at any skill level.
- Anyone who makes, deploys, or operates software on servers.
Full Details : [ Take Course Now ]